Skip to main content

day 2 picks i don't like



Some picks I didn’t like
1. Mitch Morse – OL Kansas City. There are players I just couldn’t get enough film on to give them an adequate draft grade, and that’s why they aren’t on my board. However, those guys are clearly draftable players like Eric Rowe or Tyler Kroft. Mitch Morse I had plenty of film on and still didn’t give him a grade. He went in the second round. Not a good selection.

2. Jake Fisher – OT Cincinnati. It’s not that I don’t like the player, he’s a good player. However, now the team has four tackles on the team and still they don’t have anyone who can rush the passer. I don’t get that. I understand some teams go with the best player available mantra, but you can’t have four tackles on your roster and have your top two picks sit and watch.

3. Rob Havenstein – RT St Louis. I love that they wanted to go get a right tackle, I just wouldn’t have gotten one who can bend his knees. I think Havenstein was a fifth round grade and  the Rams took him at the end of the second.

4. Frank Clark – DE Seattle. This is the typical Seahawks early pick. They take someone they could have gotten two or three rounds later because they like the scheme fit. I think it was a massive reach.

5. Jordan Richards – SS New England. They took the kid two to three rounds too early. He’s likely going to be a special teams player in the league and you took him in the second round, just a gigantic reach.

6. Chaz Green – OT Dallas. Why? I loved your first two picks I just don’t get why you go get a swing tackle in round three. You still have many other needs, just a weird pick.

7. Jacquiski Tartt – S San Francisco. I really love the player but you have two elite safeties including your team MVP at strong safety, the same spot Tartt would play. I just don’t see why you would do that in the second round.

8. Quentin Rollins and Ty Montgomery – Green Bay. I think Ted Thompson took this draft off. I like Rollins and Montgomery but these are NOT positions of need or really of any desire at all, I just don’t see how these guys see the field. I’m super confused.

Two picks I don’t hate but I don’t love.

9. T.J. Yeldon, RB Jacksonville – I don’t hate the pick I just think it was a pretty rich selection for him. I really think he would have been a better value in the middle to end of the third round.

10. Sammie Coates, WR Pittsburgh -  I think he’s a good risk in the end of the third round but the team already has two burners outside, seems like the definition of a luxury pick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 Player Rankings

Saquan Barkley, RB Penn State - 99 Tremaine Edmunds, LB Virginia Tech -95 Quenton Nelson, G Notre Dame - 94 Bradley Chubb, DE NC State - 93 Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama - 93 Sam Darnold, QB USC - 92 Josh Rosen, QB UCLA - 92 Derwin James, S Florida State - 92 Josh Allen, QB Wyoming - 90 Roquon Smith, LB Georgia - 90 Vita Vea, DT Washington - 88 Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State - 88 Da’Ron Payne, DT Alabama - 88 Harold Landry, OLB/DE Boston College - 87 Connor Williams, OT Texas - 87 Will Hernandez, G UTEP - 87 Justin Reid, S Stanford - 87 Isaiah Wynn, G Georgia - 87 Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama - 87 Derrius Guice, RB LSU - 87 Lamar Jackson, QB Louisville - 87 Kerryon Johnson, RB Auburn - 87 DJ Chark, WR LSU - 86 Billy Price, G/C Ohio State - 86 Dallas Goedert, TE South Dakota State - 86 Mike Gesicki, TE Penn State - 85 Sony Michel, RB Georgia - 85 Joshua Jackson, CB Iowa - 85 Taven Bryan, DT Florida - 85 Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame - 84 Marcus Davenport,...

Initial top 10 - 2017 NFL Draft

These are my initial top 10 players in the 2017 NFL Draft. I've got 3 months until my rankings will be finalized so relax if you have huge issues with my grades or rankings at this point because they will likely change. 1.       Myles Garrett – Edge, Texas A&M 96 Simply the best player in this draft class. Garrett is a smooth and electric pass rusher with a bevy of moves and styles. He can lull you to sleep off the line at times and then run through you. His ability to convert speed to power and bulrush is as good as any player I’ve scouted. The reason he’s the best player in this class though is that not only can he be a game wrecker getting after the quarterback, but he is very solid against the run. Garrett can set the edge on first and second down and then make game changing plays on third down. His comparison in the NFL is Von Miller, although I think Miller was a bit more explosive rushing the passer and not quite as good against the run. ...

2016 NFL Draft Player Grades

       1.        Jalen Ramsey, DB Florida State 98 2.        Joey Bosa, DE Ohio State 97 3.        Laremy Tunsil, OT Ole Miss 97 4.        Deforest Buckner, DE Oregon 96 5.        Ezekial Elliott, RB Ohio State 96 6.        Myles Jack, LB UCLA 96 7.        Carson Wentz, QB North Dakota State 94 8.        Vernon Hargreaves, CB Florida 94 9.        Ronnie Stanley, OT Notre Dame 94 10.    Jack Conklin, OT Michigan State 93 11.    Jared Goff, QB Cal 92 12.    Sheldon Rankins, DT Louisville 90 13.    Reggie Ragland, LB Alabama 90 14.    Darron Lee, LB Ohio State 90 15.    Shaq Lawson, DE Clemson 89 ...