Skip to main content

My favorite players in the 2018 NFL Draft

These are the guys I think are the most underrated or are going to provide the most value. I do this before the draft and it's not that these guys are the best players, but I think that where they're slated and projected to go is way too low.


1. Kerryon Johnson, RB Auburn
He's projected to be a 4th round pick by most people. I think he's one of the top players in this draft and gave him a first round grade and my 22nd ranked player overall. I love this kid and think whoever gets him is getting a really good, versatile, dynamic player who never misses the hole. He's someone who can lead a team in rushing and make big plays consistently. My guy in this draft.

2. Dalton Schultz, TE Stanford
Look I really think people don't understand the type of impact he can make. I think he projects as a capable receiver but he's a Dominant blocker. No there's nothing sexy about him, but I think he's a guy who plays in the league for 10 years. He's my 50th ranked player and is looking to go likely in round 5.

3. Genard Avery, LB Memphis
Why the hell this kid is a projected 5th-6th round pick I have zero clue. He's got tremendous size, pass rushing ability, can play in any scheme, and is a FREAK athlete. He runs a sub 4.6 at 250 pounds, and I don't understand what's so different from him than Haason Reddick last year. He's a solid second round player who is going to get picked in the middle of day 3.

4. Cedrick Wilson, WR Boise State
He is another guy projected to go in the middle of the 3rd day and to me he's someone who should be considered right along the same lines as a lot of those number two guys. He projects as a quality second receiver in the NFL along with a lot of those other mid tier guys, but you can probably have him much much later. He's a sneaky good one.

5. Malik Jefferson, LB Texas
I have him as a top 40 player and really close to a lot of other rankings from good linebackers in this class. I don't think he's far behind them. Look I just don't understand and see what everyone else does about him having "mediocre" or "okay" tape. I think it's good, he's big and really really fast and projects to be a really quality linebacker who should clearly be off the board by the end of the second round with zero question.

6. DJ Chark, WR LSU
Everyone loves DJ Moore as potentially a top 20 pick and I think the kid is a nice player. Christian Kirk is a really tough guy and projects to be a Golden Tate type player. Sutton is getting first round buzz from his size and speed combination. None of those guys is 6'3 and runs a 4.33 and can leap like Chark. He's got rare size and speed and I think he plays immediately in the league at a high and scary level. He's got the same wheels as Will Fuller but he's 4 inches taller. He's raw but it looks like he loves football and I think by year 3 he's a potentially extremely scary guy to try to defend.

7. Tremaine Edmunds, LB Virginia Tech
It sure looks like Edmunds is going to fall out of the top 10 and I get the run on quarterbacks influences that, but he's my number two ranked player. Everyone likes the kid but I love him. He's riskier than Chubb and Nelson, no doubt I haven't seen his size, speed, and production combination at linebacker in a very long time. He's a monster and his versatility means he could be a 3 down monster in any scheme you want. I love the kid.

Others receiving consideration:
Anthony Miller, WR Memphis - I freaking love this guy. Just a great football player.
Mike Gesicki, TE Penn State - He can't block but he could be a dynamic game changing, receiver.
Sony Michele & Darrius Guice - both should have first round consideration.
Lamar Jackson - I have him ranked way about Mayfield and think if a team builds around him they are getting a superstar potentailly and at worst a solid NFL starter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 Player Rankings

Saquan Barkley, RB Penn State - 99 Tremaine Edmunds, LB Virginia Tech -95 Quenton Nelson, G Notre Dame - 94 Bradley Chubb, DE NC State - 93 Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama - 93 Sam Darnold, QB USC - 92 Josh Rosen, QB UCLA - 92 Derwin James, S Florida State - 92 Josh Allen, QB Wyoming - 90 Roquon Smith, LB Georgia - 90 Vita Vea, DT Washington - 88 Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State - 88 Da’Ron Payne, DT Alabama - 88 Harold Landry, OLB/DE Boston College - 87 Connor Williams, OT Texas - 87 Will Hernandez, G UTEP - 87 Justin Reid, S Stanford - 87 Isaiah Wynn, G Georgia - 87 Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama - 87 Derrius Guice, RB LSU - 87 Lamar Jackson, QB Louisville - 87 Kerryon Johnson, RB Auburn - 87 DJ Chark, WR LSU - 86 Billy Price, G/C Ohio State - 86 Dallas Goedert, TE South Dakota State - 86 Mike Gesicki, TE Penn State - 85 Sony Michel, RB Georgia - 85 Joshua Jackson, CB Iowa - 85 Taven Bryan, DT Florida - 85 Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame - 84 Marcus Davenport,...

Initial top 10 - 2017 NFL Draft

These are my initial top 10 players in the 2017 NFL Draft. I've got 3 months until my rankings will be finalized so relax if you have huge issues with my grades or rankings at this point because they will likely change. 1.       Myles Garrett – Edge, Texas A&M 96 Simply the best player in this draft class. Garrett is a smooth and electric pass rusher with a bevy of moves and styles. He can lull you to sleep off the line at times and then run through you. His ability to convert speed to power and bulrush is as good as any player I’ve scouted. The reason he’s the best player in this class though is that not only can he be a game wrecker getting after the quarterback, but he is very solid against the run. Garrett can set the edge on first and second down and then make game changing plays on third down. His comparison in the NFL is Von Miller, although I think Miller was a bit more explosive rushing the passer and not quite as good against the run. ...

2016 NFL Draft Player Grades

       1.        Jalen Ramsey, DB Florida State 98 2.        Joey Bosa, DE Ohio State 97 3.        Laremy Tunsil, OT Ole Miss 97 4.        Deforest Buckner, DE Oregon 96 5.        Ezekial Elliott, RB Ohio State 96 6.        Myles Jack, LB UCLA 96 7.        Carson Wentz, QB North Dakota State 94 8.        Vernon Hargreaves, CB Florida 94 9.        Ronnie Stanley, OT Notre Dame 94 10.    Jack Conklin, OT Michigan State 93 11.    Jared Goff, QB Cal 92 12.    Sheldon Rankins, DT Louisville 90 13.    Reggie Ragland, LB Alabama 90 14.    Darron Lee, LB Ohio State 90 15.    Shaq Lawson, DE Clemson 89 ...