Skip to main content

Overrated players in the 2018 draft

OVERRATED PLAYERS:

  • Jaire Alexander - 

Scouts inc. 15
Gil Brandt 16
Daniel Jeremiah 16    

My rating: 57

I gave the kid a solid 2nd round grade, I don’t hate him, I just take kids in the first because I think their elite and I think he projects as a quality number two corner or a really good slot corner. That’s not worth a 1.


  • Austin Corbett - 

Scouts inc. 35
Gil Brandt 62
Daniel Jeremiah 52

My rating: 116

I don’t get it at all. He might be a starter but some of these guys have him as a surefire second round pick and it’s mind boggling. Round 4-5 for me.

  • Donte Jackson - 

Scouts inc. 37
Gil Brandt 39
Daniel Jeremiah 33

My rating: 104

His tape isn’t that great. I get he’s super fast but there are a lot of fast people who don’t pan out. I think he’s a nickel corner but he doesn’t tackle well, is only 177 pounds and 5’10 and I don’t know if he can hold up from a durability standpoint. Just overvalued on speed. 

  • Baker Mayfield 

Scouts inc. 13
Gil Brandt  4
Daniel Jeremiah 13

My rating: 39

There is a chance Mayfield goes in the top 3 in this draft and to me I get that quarterback is important. That said, he’s 6 feet without much of an arm coming from a spread team. He’s exceptionally accurate and has moxy, he also has off the field baggage and I think he’s only okay as an athlete. He’s a second round qb guy and I think he’s simply Case Keenum.

  • Tyrell Crosby - 

Scouts inc 43
Gil Brandt 42
Daniel Jeremiah 44

My rating:105

Just quite simply really overrated. I don’t think his game translates to be a dynamic starter offensive tackle in the league and I think he needs time to develop and if you’re grading him early round 2 as these guys are they need to be plug and play.

  • Brian O’Neill - 

Scouts inc 56
Gil Brandt 58
Daniel Jeremiah - 51

My rating: 112

Nowhere near strong enough to play in the NFL and his tape wasn’t great. He’s a tremendous athlete so I get the projection from these guys but nope. 

  • Isaiah Oliver - 

Scouts inc 57
Gil Brandt 44
Daniel Jeremiah 32

My rating: 86

There’s a chance he goes in the first round and at worst mid second, and while I think he’s a pretty decent prospect, I think he’s a second corner in the league who is going to give up some catches. He’s not bad but he’s overhyped by a solid round and a half.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 Player Rankings

Saquan Barkley, RB Penn State - 99 Tremaine Edmunds, LB Virginia Tech -95 Quenton Nelson, G Notre Dame - 94 Bradley Chubb, DE NC State - 93 Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama - 93 Sam Darnold, QB USC - 92 Josh Rosen, QB UCLA - 92 Derwin James, S Florida State - 92 Josh Allen, QB Wyoming - 90 Roquon Smith, LB Georgia - 90 Vita Vea, DT Washington - 88 Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State - 88 Da’Ron Payne, DT Alabama - 88 Harold Landry, OLB/DE Boston College - 87 Connor Williams, OT Texas - 87 Will Hernandez, G UTEP - 87 Justin Reid, S Stanford - 87 Isaiah Wynn, G Georgia - 87 Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama - 87 Derrius Guice, RB LSU - 87 Lamar Jackson, QB Louisville - 87 Kerryon Johnson, RB Auburn - 87 DJ Chark, WR LSU - 86 Billy Price, G/C Ohio State - 86 Dallas Goedert, TE South Dakota State - 86 Mike Gesicki, TE Penn State - 85 Sony Michel, RB Georgia - 85 Joshua Jackson, CB Iowa - 85 Taven Bryan, DT Florida - 85 Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame - 84 Marcus Davenport,...

Initial top 10 - 2017 NFL Draft

These are my initial top 10 players in the 2017 NFL Draft. I've got 3 months until my rankings will be finalized so relax if you have huge issues with my grades or rankings at this point because they will likely change. 1.       Myles Garrett – Edge, Texas A&M 96 Simply the best player in this draft class. Garrett is a smooth and electric pass rusher with a bevy of moves and styles. He can lull you to sleep off the line at times and then run through you. His ability to convert speed to power and bulrush is as good as any player I’ve scouted. The reason he’s the best player in this class though is that not only can he be a game wrecker getting after the quarterback, but he is very solid against the run. Garrett can set the edge on first and second down and then make game changing plays on third down. His comparison in the NFL is Von Miller, although I think Miller was a bit more explosive rushing the passer and not quite as good against the run. ...

2016 NFL Draft Player Grades

       1.        Jalen Ramsey, DB Florida State 98 2.        Joey Bosa, DE Ohio State 97 3.        Laremy Tunsil, OT Ole Miss 97 4.        Deforest Buckner, DE Oregon 96 5.        Ezekial Elliott, RB Ohio State 96 6.        Myles Jack, LB UCLA 96 7.        Carson Wentz, QB North Dakota State 94 8.        Vernon Hargreaves, CB Florida 94 9.        Ronnie Stanley, OT Notre Dame 94 10.    Jack Conklin, OT Michigan State 93 11.    Jared Goff, QB Cal 92 12.    Sheldon Rankins, DT Louisville 90 13.    Reggie Ragland, LB Alabama 90 14.    Darron Lee, LB Ohio State 90 15.    Shaq Lawson, DE Clemson 89 ...